OFF: Comebacks

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Mon Sep 21 04:30:15 EDT 1998

> I saw AC [howls, same initials as my wife!] around 1990 I guess, as
> part of Operation Rock and Roll, along with Motorhead and Judas
> Priest headlining.  I was prepared for AC to be horrible.  This would
> have been when Hey Stoopid was released.  Anyway, AC rocked the
> house.  He had a great bunch of young turks backing him up, and
> everything sounded great.  Swept up in a nostalgic moment?  Possibly,
> though I'm not really given to that despite my advanced age.  Drunk
> out of my ass?  Definitely, but that wouldn't make me like a band
> that sucked.  For the record, Motorhead would have stolen the show
> exc. that JP were really hot that night.  Was that JP's last tour
> with Rob?
>
> theo

I was there, too, my friend...Weedsport, right? I was a student at
SUNY Cortland at the time! Alice did indeed rock, as did Motorhead.
But I must admit, I left about halfway through Priest. I got really
sick of all the newer stuff. It just sounded like mindless thrash to
me. I really should have stuck around, though, as I'm sure they saved
the classics for later in the set.
Rob's new band, BTW, is called Two. I heard a remix of one of their
songs, called "Hole in the Ground" or "Deep in the Ground" or
something like that. Not bad, but it won't set the world on fire.

--  Nick