Bass virtuosity...

Si Halley sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Mon Sep 21 13:36:19 EDT 1998

>Tony is a terrific bassist, I'll have to find that album!  One thing I
enjoyed
>about ABWH was the fact that they treated Tony as an equal even though they
>couldn't include him in the name...I consider Tony to have been the Yes
>bassist for awhile, since ABWH basically WAS Yes.

Not sure I can agree with the equal bit. I thought the Bass was pretty low
in the mix on the album (but haven`t listened to it recently) and certainly
at the show I saw at Wembley, the bass was very low. Annoyingly so.

While I`m writing, he`s a silly Levin story. Years back when I had a band we
were looking around for a bassist. A fellow worker said he knew a guy who
was pretty good on bass and if I wanted he to give the guy a call. I said
sure, why not. I then asked a bit more about him and found out he`d played
with Bowie, Gabrial etc. I asked his name and he said tony.
About then the penny dropped and I politely declined his offer. We weren`t
THAT good!

Si

-----
"I`ve got 'some' answers to 'most' of your questions!"
The Alice Cooper Trivia File -
http://village.vossnet.co.uk/s/sihalley/intro.html
My Tubes Page - http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Mezzanine/7998/