Bass virtuosity...

Dan Lindfors lindfors at ALGONET.SE
Mon Sep 21 14:00:14 EDT 1998

At 12:36 1998-09-21 EDT, you wrote:

><< Would that be Tony Levin?  He's a kickass bassist and he also plays a
> Chapman Stick.  Did he use one when you saw them?  Tony made a hot
> record last year with Steve Stevens and Terry Bozio.  I haven't
> gotten around to picking it up but I hear it smokes... >>
>
>Tony is a terrific bassist, I'll have to find that album!  One thing I
enjoyed
>about ABWH was the fact that they treated Tony as an equal even though they
>couldn't include him in the name...I consider Tony to have been the Yes
>bassist for awhile, since ABWH basically WAS Yes.

A couple a months ago I bought this Liquid Tension Experiment CD with Tony
Levin, John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater, and Jordan Rudess
on Keybords. The basswork is amazing, and I absolutly regard this CD as one
of my very best ever. Tremendous 74 minutes of virtousity and great music.

OBCD!