Bass virtuosity...

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Sep 22 07:17:01 EDT 1998

> From:          Hulsebos A <arjanh at CS.VU.NL>
> On Sep 21,  1:20pm, Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:
>
> >If you want to go back a ways on bass, my favorite has always been
> >Tim Bogert.  He's one of the godfathers of the current lead bass
> >style.  He did one album with Jeff Beck:  Beck, Bogert and Appice,
> >and he played with Cactus and Vanilla Fudge before that.  Tim is
> >absolutely amazing.
>
> Agreed, but BBA had _two_ albums. They've done a tour in Japan, and
> some of the recordings of that tour came out as a double lp in '73
> (I think). Japanese imports only. The same goes for the CD version of
> it. If you like BBA, then do try to get the live album.

Yeah, that double live Jap. import used to be available but I haven't
seen it in a long time.  I'll always regret not picking it up.  BTW,
a couple tracks from it are on Beckology, Jeff's excellent boxed set.
Also, the band did some work on a second studio album, and one track
from that is on Beckology too.  Is the import still avail.?

theo