OFF: Tony Levin

Tue Sep 22 08:07:29 EDT 1998

All this talk about Tony Levin reminds me of another of my favorite artists:
Barbara Kessler.  She's a folksinger (you heard that right) from the Boston
area, and she's got one of the most amazing voices I've every heard.
Anyway, Tony plays on a few tracks of her 1996 release, "notion".  If
you get a chance to hear this CD, go for it (ya gotta wander over to the
folk music section of your CD store though).  Tony's bassplaying on her
album is quite good, but the CD sticks out not for his playing, but for
Barbara's voice.

John