OFF: Comebacks

JOHN BONO JOHNANDBEVBONO at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Tue Sep 22 05:20:11 EDT 1998

That indeed was Tony Levin, snd those things on his fingers are called "Funk
Fingers" and were devised by Tony himself, and his tech, Andy. Anyone
interested can find them on his web page www.papabear.com  .
-----Original Message-----
From: <Nick English> <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Date: Monday, September 21, 1998 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: OFF: Comebacks

> Would that be Tony Levin?  He's a kickass bassist and he also plays a
> Chapman Stick.  Did he use one when you saw them?  Tony made a hot
> record last year with Steve Stevens and Terry Bozio.  I haven't
> gotten around to picking it up but I hear it smokes...
>
> theo

I think it was Tony Levin...and I just realized that I spelled it
"base" instead of "bass". Duh. Anyway, I don't know what they're
called, but he had these metal extension-type things on the fingers
of his right hand, looked kinda like Freddy Kreuger...and instead of
plucking or picking, he was basically tapping on the strings with
them. I'd never seen anything like it before, and it was a really
neat playing style sound-wise.

--  Nick