OFF: Comebacks

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Sep 22 07:40:12 EDT 1998

> From:          Laj Waldner <erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM>
>
> Buck is one of the best and my personal favorite. Not only is he completely proficient
> but his leads seem to captivate me so well, even on the Cult songs he hasn't written
> his playing makes them awesome to behold, truly one of the great masters of music.

Couldn't have said it better!  The thing that's always amazed me
about Buck is the way his solos suit the mood of the song so well,
instead of just throwing out a bunch of notes.  His solos have
structure:  an intro, a body and a conclusion.  They make a
statement.  Listen to Stairway or Dominance for great examples.
Live, he does it with Last Days, and to great effect, on Telepaths...

> > Damn!  I'm psyched--be seeing them in less than 3 weeks!
> >
> > BTW, you're right, seeing them up close is the greatest, but I still
> > miss the laser show!
> >
> > theo
>
>  Uh man, don't know when i'm going to see them again :-(, but hay, have a few drinks
 for me Theo :-). later dude.

You can count on that!

Torgo, Jason, you guys up for the BOC show?  I know Brian's got to be
going...

theo