remasters

Laj Waldner erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Sat Sep 26 19:54:23 EDT 1998

hijinks at UTARLG.UTA.EDU wrote:

> does anyone know if there exist, or if anyone plans to make, digitally
> remastered versions of boc recordings?  *Especially* the first three.
> I have in mind something like what Castle has done for Black Sabbath
> CDs....
>
> thanks,
> TRickert

They definitely don't exist, and there are currently no plans to remaster
any to my knowledge. since Columbia records owns the rights to these
albums I guess it's up to them to remaster them, I think that's right.
Columbia never seemed to care allot about BOC, nor did they really ever
seem to understand them, except for Krugman and maybe a few others. If the
Cult were on a smaller label maybe they would of appreciated them more.
Columbia never seemed to sell them that well, Cultosaures made it to #12
on the U.K. Billboard chart and with absolutely no help from Columbia.
Well we can all keep hoping I guess, they should be, stranger things have
happened. If you have a pretty good stereo with good speakers, and a good
equalizer too, you can add allot of dynamics to those old Cult albums ;-).