HW: Monster Magnet - Hawkwind Tie-ins

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Mon Sep 28 19:16:22 EDT 1998

found at:
http://members.aol.com/rickilucy/menu.html

Monster Magnet - Hawkwind Tie-ins

 1) Monster Magnet of course recorded the classic, Brainstorm, twice.
Once on their first demo with completely different lyrics, and then
later on the Superjudge CD with the original lyrics.

 2) The passage in the song Dopes To Infinity that goes "What can I
say....What can I say..." comes from the Hawkwind song, Lords of Light.

 3) In the middle of TAB, you can hear Dave scream out "We are standing
on the EDGE! On the EDGE OF TIME!"  which comes from the Hawkwind spoken
word piece, Warriors on the Edge...(well...I heard this one time..but
not since then...)

 4) This may be pushing it...but in the song LOOK TO YOUR ORB, Dave says
"but I never took a ride, to the silent ship, on the other side...".  In
Hawkwind's 1972 hit "Silver Machine" they say "Do you want to ride, see
yourself going by, the other side of the sky..."

 5) This came to me in a letter:  Don't you think Look To Your Orb
sounds like Hawkwind's Children of The Sun.... I never did until you
mentioned it...hmmm...maaaayyybee...I dunno but you can sing the words
to either song to the tune of either song...

 6) Dinosaur Vacume is an attempt to grasp that Hawkwind 'space rock'
sound...definately

 7)  Both bands are fronted by a guy named Dave (ha..I'm really
stretching now)

 8)  SUPERJUDGE was actually the name of a 1974 Hawkwind song...
(ok, I flat out lied there...I'm sorry...)