OFF: Monster Magnet thanx

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue Sep 29 12:58:15 EDT 1998

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, BREVARD, Adrian R. wrote:

=> Paul and others, thanks for the background on MM.  I really like the two
=> I have (Dopes/Powertrip).  Hmmm Hawkwind fans are they?  Must be comic
=> book fans too.  Heard references on Powertrip to Modok, assume this is
=> the floating head that Iron man did battle with.  Also the track from
=> Dopes, "Ego, the Living Planet".
=>
=> Again many thanks...
=>
=> Wonder if we could get tBS to do a cover of "Bummer", "19 Witches", or
=> "See You in Hell"

And, if they covered "Bummer," I'm sure they'd get a lot more Hawkwind
fans turning up, too, since it's a dead ringer for "Time We Left This
World Today" (at least at the start)... :-)

=> Oh, BTW the insert of Powertrip says "Monster Magnet welcomes aboard
=> Phil Caviano: Guitar.

He was with them when I saw them in late July in Roanoke.  If you can
catch these guys live, DO SO!  They put on a hell of a show.

I think they're currently supporting Aerosmith on their tour right now.

BTW, Monster Magnet are Pollstar's "Hotstar of the Week" right now.
(See http://www.pollstar.com/hotstar.htm.)

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Deep Purple, _Made in Japan_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix