OFF: Electronic fest in Bay Area

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Sep 30 20:33:57 EDT 1998

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:58:48 -0400, Keith Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>Do we have many folks here from San Francisco and those parts??  Seems like
>there should be some, but perhaps you're all lurkers or something.  :)

If there are any besides me, they're either lurkers or exclusive BOC fans.
Given that the Bay Area has one of the highest concentrations of Hawkfans
in the country (up there with Cleveland, I tend to think), I'm a bit
surprised ...

>Does anyone know any of these artists??  Spacetime Continuum is a name I
>remember seeing about, but I was thinking it was techno...that might be
>right, I don't know.  From the artists' names, my guess is that a lot of
>this music is in the 'modern' vein, ie., techno/trance sort of stuff.

Definitely looks that way to me.  I've seen a couple of those names around
town, but this isn't really a scene that I'm familiar with, closed-minded
rockist that I am.

If there are any Bay Area folks on the list looking for a good show of
mind-altering music during the month of October, Sonic Boom (of Spacemen 3,
Spectrum, E.A.R.) is playing at the Bottom of the Hill on wednesday the
21st.  Opening will be the Primordial Undermind, with a completely new
lineup (except for frontal lobe Eric Arn) featuring that annoying space
rock violinist who guested with ST37 at Strange Daze this year. ;^)

If anyone on the east coast catches a Sonic Boom show before he gets out
here, I'd love to see a review posted here ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com