HW: Hawkwind trivia, Q&S

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIALWARE.COM
Thu Apr 8 18:22:03 EDT 1999

> >Hi there
> >
> >At 19:20 08.04.99 +0100, Adrian Parr wrote:
> >
> >>Regarding the Hawkwind track 'Quark Strangeness and Charm',
> >>previously listed as from Stonehenge 1977.
> >>Yeah, i have doubts it was recorded there, as i do with 'Master
> >>Of The Universe' and 'Welcome to the Future' from the Weird Tapes.
> >>A possible alternate venue for these could be the Sonic Assassins
> >>1977 gig.  Possible, what does anyone think on this?

Where did we think this is listed as from Stonehenge ? (this is the Wierd
tape version we're talking right ?)

I always thought the wierd tape version was from the Top of the Pops
performance, though that could be my imagination . Certainly this
matches the "clean" performance evaluation. (Isn't there some somewhat "canned"
applause a th the end ?)

As for Paul Hayles, I think I only just made a consious realisation that this
is a different keyboard player than Keith Hale.  Damn there should be some
rule that once you have say more than 20 people who have been inthe band
that when recruiting new members you are only allowed to select people
whose name is not the same as, or similar to other people who have already been
in the band (or get them to cahnge their name !)

Cheers,
Steve L