HW/OFF: Strange Daze '99

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Apr 16 22:27:15 EDT 1999

Hi Folks...

Just had some discussion with Jim Lascko about SD'99.  It's been decided to
have it again at Nelson Ledges, and the date is set at August 20-22, 1999.
Mark that on your calenders!  As I said earlier, there was a *chance* that
it would be moved down south to Columbus here (Frontier Ranch), but I guess
there was some concern about recent police crackdowns there.  So the Ledges
it is...Jim tells me there might be an opportunity to play past the curfew
on a second small stage inside a tent w/ lightshow.  'Quieter' bands, that
is.  We'll see how that pans out.

So far the acts are as follows...

Nik Turner with Farflung
Anubian Lights
Tribe of Cro
Alien Planetscapes
Quarkspace
Escapade
Drumplay
Thom the World Poet
Canis Minor
Born to Go

There are still a few bands to be determined, including one that is a very
recent spinoff of HW.  (Hint!)  And also a certain spacey-prog German band.

Check out www.strange-trips.com

I can't play music on my computer, so I can't enter a guess.

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S. In Cleveland alone, we have...
5/8 - Helios Creed
5/21 - Ozric Tentacles
6/5 - Porcupine Tree
6/11 - Gong  (looks like Bloomdido might be coming after all!)
8/20-22 - Strange Daze '99

See ya' at all five!