ADMIN: What's "off-topic" really there for?

Ben Cohen ben at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Mon Apr 26 09:23:43 EDT 1999

Note - in the moderator's opinion (that's me, folks, in case anyone forgot...
:-), this is probably the best summary of what's ok for off-topic discussions.
I think one other factor is that they're generally for things that are not
considered serious topics somewhere else, so major, world-shaking,
news-breaking events, usually don't get consideration here since there's
probably already at least 1 other place where they would be better discussed.

Anyone who didn't read this when it came around should take a moment and do
so... [Heck, even if you did read it the first time around, give it another
shot. :-)]

Ben Cohen,
Moderator, BOC-L