ADMIN: What's "off-topic" really there for?

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Mon Apr 26 22:25:51 EDT 1999

In a message dated 4/26/99 10:43:07 AM, cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK writes w/some
help:

<< I'd like to add that, in my opinion, anything that contains a phrase along
> the lines of "SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!" should not be sent to the
> list.

     In general, I suggest people don't even _read_ mail containing
such phrases--but that's a personal opinon! :)

tell you what though: if there is analogous UK/european "junk mail of the
bereaved"
or whatever type stuff, which wouldnt otherwise make it to the states,
forward (some of) it to me directly!

that "list of names" thing was lame in terms of submitting it here, it's
true, my bad, but i didnt dare send that elaborate "candle" art email (ducks
as BOC-L colleagues shout in unison "BLOODY WELL RIGHT YOU DAREN'T!")

me, i like cultural flotsam...all kindsa insights to be found there  ^_~

"<>"