HW: Apologies for multi mail

Jill jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Aug 6 16:29:45 EDT 1999

XXX wrote:

> Sorry about all the mails. I did not realise that it could take days to
> come through. I just kept trying!!!!!!!!!!
> Kris

Don't worry - just occasionally this whole list goes into hibernation. I
always blame it on the weather myself but I'm sure there are much more
sensible reasons that technical folk know more about than I do.
However it invariably happens just after one has posted some really
interesting, vital and essential piece of information to the list and
annoyingly there's no way of realising it's done this until you suddenly
realise that no mail has arrived for an entire day.   Then i normally
give it another day to wake up again before the withdrawal symptoms
really start to kick in and the irresistible urge to send a test message
or several becomes too strong to ignore followed by utter despondency
when no response comes back.

Eventually the ether gets itself unglued and listerve produces a
veritable tidal wave of messages - enough to satisfy any net-addict for
at least a full day!

jill

Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk> or
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk