HW: Eclipse Party & SD'99

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Mon Aug 16 23:07:11 EDT 1999

Keith Henderson wrote:
> And no glass bottles are
> allowed [at Strange Daze], which means only crappy beer is acceptable!

This is for real.  They search all coolers at the gate; if you
have bottled beer, you have to decant it into some other
container, or leave it at the gate baking in the sun and maybe
getting ripped off.

I'd be annoyed by a customs-check attitude like this, except that
they're enforcing a rule I quite agree with -- it's the glass
that's banned after all, not the beer...

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
I'm going to change it, but it's going to take some time.
        - Linus Torvalds, on Windows's market leadership