off: "little black egg"

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Wed Aug 25 20:14:44 EDT 1999

>Then there are also the three Nik versions, first by the Imperial
>Pompadours (recorded, of course, after Nik, Trev, Dino and maybe Bob had
>only heard the song once), and then by ICU proper, with slightly-different
>versions appearing on the 'Blood and Bone' 12"EP and video.  I'm sure that
>Steve Pond could fill us in on the differences between the vinyl and video
>versions.

The video sounds like a more "normal" vocal, wheras the Blood & Bone version
sounds like it has echo and faded out and otherwise transformed somewhat....

Both (to me) sound much better than the IP version.

Now I want to know how to get ahold of a recording of the one Nik did
at SD99....  (seeing as every version they did was (to me) better than
the previous, by now it has to be an absolute masterpiece....) <g>

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold