off: "little black egg"

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Aug 27 14:39:12 EDT 1999

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:56:46 +0200, cosmos <cosmos at CASEMA.NET> wrote:
>>> It's available on the ICU cd-rom from Steve Pond, $20, a bargain,
>>> you also get the Blood & Bone version, the Imperial Pompadour's Ersatz
>>> version, and over 100 other songs...
>
>i have this cd rom too.
>just send steve an email and he answers promptly with the details.
>here is his homepage where you can find his email address.
>http://www.doremi.co.uk/icu/

I'm not sure if this is still available.  When I ordered mine from Steve,
he said he was only going to make enough to cover his costs (20-some
copies, I think).  Hopefully, if you ask him nicely enough, he can still
make you a copy.  I hope so - it's a fantastic bargain and contains lots of
fantastic music!

And while I'm on the subject, I should point out that neither the Imperial
Pompadours, ICU, or Nik solo (SD99 - and I do mean SOLO) versions of
"Little Black Egg" sound anything whatsoever like the Nightcrawlers'
original version (or most of the other covers of the song).

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com