OFF: The Clones of Tony Blair[no BOC/HW]

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 3 14:22:58 EST 1999

On  3 Dec 99 at 14:55, Sprawl wrote:

> Yeah, he's a proven warrior with CONVICTION.  None too bright maybe, but the
> first
> politician to ever earn a tip of the hat from me. (in my adult life-time,
> that is.)

Yeah, it took guts to say it.  Too bad he's been backpedaling ever
since--like a politician trying to look to reelection...

> The polls are meaningless, IMO, but they would not have been so dramatic
> (only 15%?)
> if his own allies (as well as his enemies,) hadn't been so quick to start
> the fire under the
> stake.

Well, being a New Yorker, my opinion is worthless to a Minnesotan
[and probably just about everyone else in this world!] but I can't
call myself a supporter of his, nor would I vote for him if I lived
up there.  He's really just a bag of gas, I'm afraid...

> Nothing against people and their various faiths, but the US agreed to a
> seperation of
> church and state, and 200+ years later- we're still waiting for it.

Great quote!  Did you coin it?

theo