BOC: Greatest Riff

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Thu Dec 16 10:07:11 EST 1999

> From: Richard Lockwood <rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM>
>
> Just noticed that Don't Fear The Reaper was voted 16th in The Guitar
> Magazine.

While this stuff is all subjective, I think this little factoid belongs
in the next version of the BOC FAQ - Rich, is it o.k. to add you name to
the list of FAQ contributors?

> Anyway, everybody knows that the greatest riff of the millennium is a
> toss-up between Harverster of Eyes and After Forever.

> Hmm...well, I think maybe the best riff ever was written by one A.
> Bouchard:  COFWRAR...

> godzilla
>
> Seige and Investiture of Baron von Frank's castle-- the Imginos band
> under
> the name of BOC
> St Vitus Dance -- Brain Surgeons

Hmm...I sense a poll coming - what do you think are the greatest BOC
riffs?  We can include the various off-shoots as well (tBS, X-Bros,
Red&Black, SWU, SFG).  Without too much thought, here's a quick list:

Cities on Flame
Godzilla
I Am the One You Warned Me Of (Imaginos Band - good title for this group
- a bit more appropriate than "BOC")
Lips in the Hills
Tattoo Vampire
My Civilization (tBS)
Gun (Joe Bouchard final demo)
Gun (tBS)
Dominance and Submission
DFtR
Monsters
Dr. Music
Hot Time in Hell (X-Bros)
....Frankenstein... (Imaginos Band)
Most Romantic Place in the World (tBS)
Transmaniacon MC
Hot Rails to Hell
7 Screaming Diz-Busters
Damaged
See You in Black
Buck's Boogie
RU Ready 2 Rock
Heavy Metal: The Black & Silver
(666) Devil Got Your Mother (tBS)

Hmm... over 20 songs... maybe this poll ain't such a good idea...

John