HW: 1999 Party

Mon Feb 8 21:35:31 EST 1999

On mån 8 feb 1999 21.12 -0500 "Stephen Swann" <swann at PLUTONIA.COM> wrote:
> Dave's guitar sound is breath and the life of
> Hawkwind.

     And Hawkwind rises and falls with it.  When Dave is raging
like a bastard :) HW rules.  When Dave rolls the guitar back,
HW sucks  (all IMO).

     I remember a guitar newsgroup poll of favorite guitarists
where I unhesitatingly listed Brock among my very top guitarists
because Dave's guitar playing complements the music *perfectly*,
and such is the goal of guitar-playing, IMO.  All the technical,
fancy bollocks be damned.  Brock *can* carry the band's sound even
when not paired with a bassist like Lemmy or Alan (but is best when
he's supported by able compadres!).

<execute Hawklord's Prayer> :)

Cheers,
Carl