HW/BOC: Emperors New Clothes

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Tue Feb 9 14:32:35 EST 1999

At 01:58 PM 2/9/99 EDT, you wrote:
>And we've made similar observations about BOC in the past as well.
>Most of the BOC backers on this list are youngsters, many of whom
>never even saw Al or Joe in the group.  And at recent gigs, there are
>plenty of young'uns present, who are familiar with the HF material...
 Yeah, but I bet that theyay to themselves "WOW! I can't believe theyre
playing "ETI" /"Before the Kiss" !!" heh. I never understood why ETI has
stuck so long in the setlists of the group. I can see before the kiss,
because it gives everyone a chance to stretch out and give a good bass
break which is always good.
Being a semi-youngster myself, it is coooool to see Buck lash out with
sonic oblivion on the 6 strings. But at the shows I have been to recently,
the intensity that OYF reflects from them bygone days at is only hinted at
now.
The key I think was the commitment of everyone to do seomthing NEW early
on, and Albert's drumming,Joe's bass, etc. refected that.... it was smooth
heaviness, not the clunky 4/4 timekeeping kids think metal, and indeed rock
drummery in general, is these days.
To truly be kind to the fans  they should not play DFtR,Godzilla, or BFY
anymore.  I think they should bring back Arthur Comics, given Bucks
stronger vocals these days. and if they ever wanted to go acousti again, Im
on the Lam would rock mightily. Ah well.  At least thingsa like Flaming
Telephaths, Lips in the hills have made it back into the gigs.  Hope isnt
completely lost yet:)

by the way,  did anyone on the list post a review of the David Roter Method
video? I'm a'willing to take a crack at it should it be deemed a keen idea
by the list.

To be sad is a mad way to be,
Jason