OFF: Tinky Winky has been "outed"

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Feb 10 16:17:20 EST 1999

heh heh heh ... I already got this SPAM, too ...

on Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:01:27 -0600, "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>
wrote:

>>From Reuters: Teletubbies' Tinky Winky is "outed" by Falwell

so I'll add (extra editorial comments in [brackets] not by me!):

(By DAVID REED Associated Press Writer)

A spokesman for Itsy Bitsy Entertainment Co., which licenses the
Teletubbies in the United States, said that what Falwell's newspaper
described as a purse is actually Tinky Winky's magic bag.

``The fact that he carries a magic bag doesn't make him gay,'' Steve
Rice said. ``It's a children's show, folks. To think we would be
putting sexual innuendo in a children's show is kind of outlandish.''

The British show aimed at toddlers began airing on U.S. public
television stations last spring and is now as popular as Barney, a
singing dinosaur who also happens to be purple [and obviously gay, which
is why dinosaurs went extinct].

The Teletubbies are portrayed by actors in oversized, brightly colored
costumes [I mean Hellooooo....]. They all have television screens on
their tummies [a notorious homosexual trait] and,  according to the
story line, live in a superdome hidden in the hills [just like those
Queens of the French Quarter the New Orleans Saints].

Other than Tinky Winky, the troupe features Dipsy in green [a
degenerate, alcoholic Papist Irishmen], Laa-Laa in orange [like the
fruit] and Po in red [communist]. The Teletubbies dance [like the
Village People], sing ["Its's Raining Men" no doubt] and share ``bi-i-ig
hugs'' beneath a radiant sun emblazoned with the face of a laughing
infant [in Sun God worshipping orgies that would put Caligula to shame].

Rice said Falwell was attacking ``something sweet and innocent'' to
further his conservative political agenda. ``To out a Teletubby in a
preschool show is kind of sad on his part. I really find it absurd and
kind of offensive,'' he said.

Falwell's spokeswoman, Laura Swickard, said the founder of the
now-defunct Moral Majority agreed with everything that was in the  NLJ
article and would not comment beyond his one-paragraph statement.

The Jewish Anti-Christ living in the Middle East right now had no
comment.

Copyright © Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not
be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.