HW and MM

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Feb 10 17:17:38 EST 1999

U said>Anyway, I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if
Hawkwind was part of one of these shed-style mega-rock tours of No. America
(like Ozz-fest or whatever) at the invitation of Monster Magnet (as
headliner or
perhaps second billing).

~and then~

U Said>I dunno, it seems unbelievable to me that either Marilyn Manson
(can't use abbr.!!) or Hole are any more popular right now than Monster
Magnet.  Well, I've never heard Manson, though I've seen the fruitcake on
TV.  And I didn't think Hole had any real talent?  But then, I only remember
hearing one song of theirs.  And what the hell is Wyndorf doing touring with
crap bands like
that anyhoo??  Of course, I saw them with some miserable piece of crap
called Korn or something...god, was *that* awful!!  Made it through only two
songs I think.  They should have hooked onto the Sabbath tour (though the
rescheduling would have probably screwed things up for MM) instead of, who
is it??  Pantera or something? Well, I'll find out in two weeks.

Keith H. (FAA)

MM gets what HW would likely get under your first statement...a little
exposure to a new fan base.  When I first joined this list I was afraid of
Hawkwind music.  Thought it would be really weird/spacey...noise passed off
as music.  My mind soon changed after hearing Chronicles and Live '79.
Imagine some of these kids getting to hear Silver Machine, Needle Gun etc.,
they may actually enjoy it.

U Said>Yeah, of course, it wouldn't get me so thrilled to
see them play a 40-minute set in daylight (hence no lights) in a
Budweiser-sponsored Buffett Hut, but I'd just go to see what today's
alterna-kids would say.  You know, like, 'Man, those old geezers ripped off
the Bummer riff!!'  :)

Yeah that would be one drawback if HW teamed with MM.  Maybe Dave could set
the record straight when he hits the stage.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins