HW: MotU cover and Monster Mag

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Mon Feb 22 19:25:37 EST 1999

<< 1. Monster Magnet CD single, containing: Freedom of Choice (just Dave
 rapping
 > about free speech for 39 seconds), Big God (non-lp track) and Say It
 (where
 > Dave forces a girl to say the words "Monster Magnet"). Does anyone need
 this?
 > I'll trade or sell...

      Sounds weird--some kinda promo or ...?  Seems strange that they
 would release a single without any albums tracks!

---Doesn't appear to be promo in any way. The title of the CD is "Let It
Ride", too, and there's no song by that name. But the cover has a Trans-am or
something like that on the front. Maybe that crazy Norwegian guy might want
this? :)

 > 2. Vertigo -- Same, on Amphetamine Reptile, pretty heavy, distorted guitar
 > punk 3-piece, w/a pretty straight-forward cover of "MotU". Sounds like
 they
 > could be British. Again, I'm not really into this, so if anyone wants it,
 e-
 > mail...

      Band name sounds familiar ... is Amphetamine Reptile the label?

---Yes, AR is the label. Same label that Helios Creed was on at about the same
time, '90.

 Cheers,
 Carl

 -- >>