OFF: B5 Crusade <slight spoilers>

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jan 25 06:19:23 EST 1999

Andrew A. Apold writes:

> >Babylon 5 for me - there is no other!
>
> Ditto.... it ruined ST for me.
>
> B5 Call to Arms was great, can't wait for B5crusade....

I was lucky to catch this while in California. The only thing that
bothers me was the setting up of a 5 year mission with a one of a kind
spacecraft. That's a bit too ST/Voyager I think. However, I'm sure
there's a possibility for more interesting plotlines inside the main
concept.

They appear to have set things up so that Lyta and G'Kar, and Lennir
could easily make guest appearances (indeed the Lennir plotline still
has to be settled according to the Ghost Morden's prediction). I suspect
that the Doc will also guest as a bio researcher on Earth.

Other quibbles:

We've bypassed the Psi Wars. I hope that this appears in a film.

JMS seems to be setting up the Shasow/Vorlon mythos again only with the
Drahk/Technomages in the god slots.

I was dissapointed not to see Sinclair/Valen return in an episode of B5
(as is told by Minbari prophecy and ritual of keeping a place for him).
It'd be reasonably easy for Valen to have kept himself in suspended
animation for 1000 years. What I'd really like to see is a film of
Valen/Zathras/Catherine in B4 and his subsequent return to the future.

FoFP