BOC: A few tidbits...

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Jan 27 07:11:12 EST 1999

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> MY CONCLUSION:  Forget it.  This KBFH project is dead.  Unless Sony starts
> making a bunch of money of BOC's back catalog with all these compilations
> (rumor has it another one will be out this year), then I'm assuming they
> have no motivation to get off their asses and find the tapes.  BOC will
> probably have a better chance of getting CMC to release a live album (which,
> as was pointed out here, is not out of the realm of possibility for CMC).

Agreed.  I think that since BOC is now with CMC, and given CMC's
affinity for live records, then perhaps KBFH decided against it?

> MY CONCLUSION:  Inconclusive.  I had heard in the past that Allen has really
> been having the time of his life in BOC over the past few years, so I
> remain optimistic that he will return.  *Maybe* he'll use the time off to
> do some writing for BOC's next album...  Still, I have an uneasy feeling
> about this, not sure why...

Although Allen didn't do an awful lot of writing for the group in the
old days.   He's been hot and cold at the live shows.  Sometimes he
looks great, and really animated, others he can hardly move.  I don't
have good feelings for this either...

> MY CONCLUSION:  Like Steve says, it may be a great time to see the band
> (then again, when isn't it?).  Kasim Sulton was almost the bassplayer, so
> I'm assuming that he's pretty talented.

Listen to any of the Todd rundgren Utopia band albums.  Kasim's
great.  BTW, Todd's a bitching gtrst too, esp. on Ra.  Definitely
worth checking out...

> >"They are ding real BOC sets again with stuff like harvester Of Eyes, Veteran
> Of the Psychic Wars, and i hope they'll bring back Black Blade..."
>
> MY CONCLUSION:  LOL - Eric's always been Bolle's favorite BOC vocalist,
> and he seems to think that if Eric ain't singing 80% of the stuff, then
> it ain't BOC.  Bring back Black Blade?  Maybe, but I wouldn't hold my
> breath.  Then again, I wouldn't have imagined them doing "Veteran..."
> or "Lips in the Hills" again either.

Imagine my shock hearing Joan Crawford last summer!  I guess
anything's possible...

theo