HW: In Your Area

Wed Jan 27 12:09:27 EST 1999

On ons 27 jan 1999 12.01 +0000 "Alun Hughes" <a.hughes at NEWI.AC.UK> wrote:
> there's some good back-catalogue there to reprocess,
> and at least there *is* new product.

     I still maintain the "Mask of Morning" retread is one of
Hawkwind's finest moments--certainly of this decade, but it
stands up well along side the best of the back-catalog.

> Personally, I'd
> prefer it if they waited until they had enough decent material
> for a proper album; I think the need for product can be (and
> often has been) filled by live material, remixes, even some
> good old-fashioned improvisation ....

     Well, the mighty Spacious Mind have built a fairly decent
rep on making albums that sound like all the wildest, spaciest
bits of ISOS--mostly improv as far as I can tell, and they do it
well.  Always have more guitar parts than synth parts--that's the
trick :)

Cheers,
Carl

--