HW In Your Area: Impressions

Andreas Stuewe Andreas.Stuewe at T-ONLINE.DE
Thu Jan 28 12:14:32 EST 1999

Here are my impressions, well, with typical German thoroughness I tried to get
some order into the track index:

1. BRAINSTORM/IN YOUR AREA 11:08
   Full live version of Brainstorm + reggae part inbetween with additional
   rapping by Cpt. Rizz. Crum is a great synth player!
2. ALCHEMY 2:46
   Another full live version.
3. LOVE IN SPACE/RAT RACE 5:50
   A strangely cut live version of Love in space + middle part feat. Cpt. Rizz.
   The cut is just after 1 min when all of a sudden Cpt. Rizz begins to sing.
4. LOVE IN SPACE/AEROSPACEAGE INFERNO 5:32
   Yes, the rest of Love in space- 25 seconds- and then into a full live version
   of AI.
5. FIRST LANDING ON MEDUSA 1:41
   Actually this is The Awakening spoken and played by Dave, studio version.
6. I AM THE REPTOID 3:19
   I think this is also live, the ending of Reptoid Vision, again with Cpt. Rizz
   rapping.
7. THE NAZCA 0:44
   A Dave Brock studio track.
8. HIPPY 5:45
   THE track on this album! Great vocals by Ron and excellent guitar by Jerry.
   This will be another classic HW song in the future. The intro of the song
   strangely reminds me of The Watcher.
9. PRAIRIE 2:39
   This sounds nothing like HW at all, a nice instrumental with acoustic guitar
   and percussion.
10. YOUR FANTASY 5:04
   The worst track on the album! I just hate techno rhythms. And I already hated
   this one on the ´97 tour. Notice: there are no real drums here! Also worst
   lyrics EVER.
11. LUXOTICA 3:09
   A rather boring instrumental synth track.
12. DIANA PARK 4:21
   Another instrumental, this time with some good guitar, but once again with
   computer beats.

All in all not a bad album, at least it´s better than DH. I hope the live ´97
album is as excellent recorded as those on this CD!

Andreas