BOC: Danny and Pyramid

Ted ted at ALGER.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Jan 29 11:06:55 EST 1999

Pyramid does mostly covers IIRC..... the tape I have from a gig
last year has covers ranging from Zeppelin (Kashmir), Sabbath
(Heaven & Hell), Van Halen (Right Now) to Sly Stone (I Wanna
Take You Higher)!  I think there's an original song on there and
I seem to remember thinking it was pretty good... dunno who
wrote it though. I think George handles all the lead vocals.
They're a 3-piece band with (I think) taped or sequenced
keyboards.  I know Jon Micelli used to be in the band, and I think
Bobby replaced him when Jon left to tour with Meatloaf.
I think Pyramid is more or less George & Danny's thing to
let off some steam when they're home from touring with
BOC and the young Mr. Iglesias....

>Well, I don't know what kind of band Pyramid is, or if their stuff
>fits in with a fan's perception of what BOC ought to be...but
>personally, the best thing about BOC right now is that the road ahead
>is kind of open. On HF, they dabbled with some stuff they've really
>never tried before, and if there's more life in this band, I wouldn't
>mind seeing more of that...even though this IS the band that warned
>us of those "experiments that failed too many times" and
>"transformations that were too hard to find."
>
>--  Nick

Ted