BOC: Sony Comp.

Brevard, Adrian R adrian.brevard at EDS.COM
Wed Jul 7 09:27:55 EDT 1999

 Someone mentioned the upcoming BOC compilation that should be out
> soon (although I haven't yet seen it available for pre-order on
> CDNOW.com), and the fact that Eric polled the AOL crowd about what
> should be on it.  Before you all get really excited about any BOC
> rarities or cool tracks that the die-hard fans would want, I should
> point out that the ground rules for that poll were that the fans were
> asked what songs Joe Q. Public would most want to hear.  In other words,
> "Don't Fear the Reaper", "Godzilla", and "Burnin' For You" will probably
> be the first 3 tracks.  And, while I expect that this disc will be good
> (rumor has it that the tracks will be REMASTERED), don't expect to hear
> "Mistress of the Salmon Salt", "Monsters", "Nosferatu", "Morning Final",
> or any sort of rare demo or live tracks -- all of which, I suspect,
> would be on a compilation that would be hand-picked by die-hard fans of
> BOC who already have at least 5 CDs in their collection with "The Big 3"
> on them.
>
> John

Fair enough.  I don't expect "What is Quicksand" to appear on this,
everything from the official catalog.  As long as the fans provided some
guidance we should still be treated to some pretty good songs.  Count the
big three out of 16 tracks and you still have room to use at least one song
from every album, maybe even something from Imaginos.

>Remastered?  Keep dreaming!  Sony wants to spend about twenty cents
on the whole thing...

Dude, granted Sony are some cheap bastids, spending even twenty cents on an
another On Flame, Superhits...yada yada yada would be pointless even for
them.  Metal Edge says they will be remastered.  Gotta figure sales of HF
and possibly the MoFi set has convinced Sony there are a few more drops of
blue blood to squeeze from the Oysterboys.

>Hmm...I was 5th row at Saratoga for a show on that tour, and didn't
have any trouble with the noise.  It's strange, as JB suffers from
tinnitus--you'd think he would play with fewer dbs.  At any rate,
I'll be using protection--for my hearing, ya know!

'OK but enquiring minds (namely me) still would like to know what specific
type of ear protection you use.  Do use one type when doing gigs and another
when sitting in the fifth row?  I'm getting old so one day I would like to
hear my grand kids call me "grandpa". Hehehehehehehehehehehe

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins

NP - Queen - Night At The Opera