OFF: Glenn Gould?

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Fri Jul 23 01:50:26 EDT 1999

Just had a strange coincidence happen . . .

Got the BOC-L message from Glenn Gould and erased it since I didn't
recognize the name.

Not a half hour later, I was digging through some CDs I had borrowed
from a friend and started reading the back of a Gordian Knot CD.  Good
stuff!  Link from The Laser's Edge:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~spm29386/

There was a quote:

The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of
adrenaline but is, rather, the gradual, lifelong construction of a state
of wonder and serenity.  Through the ministrations of radio and the
phonograph, we are rapidly and quite properly learning to appreciate the
elements of aesthetic narcissism - and I use that word in its best sense
- and are awakening to the challenge that each man contemplatively
create his own divinity. - [Glenn Gould]

The listmember never said if he was related!  Here's a link to the Glenn
Gould Foundation:  http://www.glenngould.ca/ and the FAQ:
http://www.glenngould.ca/10FAQ.html

Trivia for the day.  ;-)

Karen