OFF: GONG in LA, 6/2/99

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Jun 3 21:58:03 EDT 1999

Doug Pearson <ceres at SIRIUS.COM> wrote:

>>3 a lustrous coloured area on the wing of some birds, esp. ducks.
>>[Latin, = mirror, from specere ‘to look’]
>
>Is this from one of those dictionaries whose only definition of "merkin" is
>"a cloth rag used to clean the insides of a gun or cannon"?

LOL! I am constantly amused by the word 'merkin'. I'm currently trying to
convince a friend that his surname, Merrin, indicates that he comes from a pubic
wig making family rather than the Romany heritage he tries and claims.

andrew

"Funny things can happen when you get a job,
 Your world comes falling in on you"
     - Inner City Unit