HW: Brock intervew

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Mar 2 11:35:17 EST 1999

[Nik Nik]

> Maybe.  He did write good stuff, but he didn't write very much.  If I had
> to pick one of his, I'd pick MotU over Brainstorm.

I'd have to pick D-Rider as his best song with Dying Seas a close
second, though I'll admit the alternative lyrics MotU was pretty good.

> Not for me.  I've seen good ones with Nik -- I liked Stonehenge '84, for
> example -- but the very best were the '89-93 period.  On the downside, the
> worst HW shows I've seen seemed largely down to Nik.

The one where he and Dave had a fight onstage at Stonehenge being the
only Hawkwind gig I ever "walked out" of.

> Now, Simon House, on the other hand, would be a major attraction for me.

It was great to see him again at Oxford in (mumble mumble) '93(?)

> Dave.

FoFP