OFF: Dead Remotes

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Mar 9 14:06:50 EST 1999

Marshall Wood writes:

> the way you've programmed them - it's tough remembering which of the
> buttons labelled A, B, C, and D is program> med for "on-screen display"
> for each VCR - I always end up hitting the one programmed for "eject"
> by mistake!  :-)

I was given one of these in a hotel once but it had a major flaw in
that the CLEAR EVERYTHING button was placed just where you usually grab
it whenever you picked it up.    Consequently I managed to wipe the
whole thing clear about once each evening and had to wander with great
embarrassment down to the Reception Desk and ask them to reprogramme it
on every occasion..... sigh.

jill

ObFright> A knock at the door at 11.30pm and two huge policemen
rush into the house claiming I've just made a 999 call (411 equivalent
in the States).  Wasn't me - but they took a bit of convincing!

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk