Barbra Streisand is better than Rush!

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Mon Mar 15 23:36:24 EST 1999

> But here's what I really want to put forth:
>
> Based on several arguments posited by BOC-L MEMBERS WHO ALSO LIKE
> RUSH, there seems to be a belief among Rush fans that selling many
> units and sustaining a career over a long period of time are earmarks
> of superiority over BOC.  Fair enough.  Barbra Streisand's carreer
> has spanned over 4 decades, and she's sold twice as many records as
> Rush...
>
> Therefore, Barbra Streisand is BETTER THAN RUSH!!!

I don't think anyone really said that popular acceptance makes Rush a
better band. For my part, the point I was trying to put forth was
that while I've always liked Rush, I've always liked BOC far, far
better...and therefore, I have a grudge against Rush because they
sustained their popularity while BOC didn't. And I think it's
especially unfortunate since Heaven Forbid came out, since it's
jam-packed with stuff that's better by far than any new Rush I've
heard in the past 10 years or more...

--  Nick