OFF; 10 most hated/Cobain/Tea Party

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Mar 19 16:34:38 EST 1999

Bands I dislike (since we are debating the merits of the word hate)

70's bands -
Any band with long hair, wearing spandex/leather/makeup, excessive posing
and doesn't go by the name of Kiss

80's bands -
Any band with long hair, wearing spandex/leather/makeup, excessive posing on
MTV and dosen't go by the name of Y&T

90 bands -
Any band that complains/whines/ knows only two chords (and considers their
music metal) or uses lots of accoustic guitars as if they were a 60's folks
act, and is adored by anyone under the age of 17unless there name is Stone
Temple Pilots (sorry I like these wankers).

Did I leave anyone out?

>Yeah, money isn't everything and is the curse of the world
besides.  Intellectually I grasp Cobain's problem, but I'll *never*
be able to _understand_ it.  It's just too alien.  So I resign
myself to being annoyed at someone who is rich enough to do whatever
they want for their whole life and their kids after, and then
tops themself.

I tend to agree, hard to sympathize but Cobain had lots of issues to deal
with.  Some of his songs were actually quite good when I could understand
him.  That wasn't often however.

>I hated Transmission. Nothing like Edges or Summer Solis, a complete sell-
out and waste of talent. I'm praying that they come back w/something more
like
their original sound. If they could pull off at least just one more album in
that style, I'd probably die of happiness, 'cause I've gotten a lot of
milage
out of those two albums (and "Alhambra", though I still haven't found the
disc). Chuck

I've heard some of their work, a little from each album and liked it quite a
bit.  Strong similarities to Queensryche (vocally with the songs I've
heard).  Not a bad group.

>Is this awesome shit or what??

Definitely very not bad however I did feel that way upon first listen to
Shadow Gallery's new one Tyranny.   Don't know if your familiar with them
and can't say liking Tea Party means anything but this (Shadow Gallery) is
an excellent Prog Rock band.  Great Vox on the new one.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins
NP: Gary Hoey - Animal Instinct