OFF: Apologies

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Mar 22 13:58:33 EST 1999

An experiment gone wild.  Folks sincerest apologies.  My little experiment
(while a sucess) appears to have run rampant.  As with anything thrown out
on this forum, push enough buttons and the fallout spreads with the
previaling wind.

Let me explain:

During the last Rush is good vs. Theo is bad 8>) I developed a theory that
people on this list are more emotional in describing their dislikes than in
describing their likes.  People would also vigorously defend that which they
like if someone else attacked it.  For the most part this is true.

The down side to this little experiment is that people tend to get emotional
becuase of all the heavy traffic and the percieved slights/compliments.  Now
we all no what this formula means

Emotional debate + heavy traffic - people who behave and are responsible + 1
little incident = Flame warfare.

It hasn't really happened yet except poor Larry has been raked a few times
over the AVI

*Note to Larry - Welcome. You are now a full fledged member of BOC-L.  No
one on this list has been spared the napalm; everyone has been torched at
some point.  I'm still four shades darker than usual and that was at least 4
years ago.

So apologising profusely I herby order myself into self-exile from BOC-l for
the rest of this week.  Thats right no nonsense shall rise from my keyboard
for the remainder of this week.  Slam me, sham me do anything you want
(don't try that soap in the shower trick tho) I will not fire back.  Need me
do so privately.

Thanks and sorry again

Ghost in the Ruins