BOC: R.U. Ready 2 Rock?

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Tue Mar 23 08:18:23 EST 1999

Yes, the FAQ mentions that "R.U. Ready 2 Rock" was envisioned by Albert
to be part of the third Imaginos album (working title "The Mutant
Reformation"), along with such songs as "ETI", "Take Me Away", "Flaming
Telepaths",  "The Vigil" (note: not all the songs have Pearlman lyrics,
but were songs that Albert felt fit the feel of the storyline).

Also recall that the "RUR" comes from the first known story about robots
- the K. Capek play, "Rossum's Universal Robots".

I sort of envision the ending of the Imaginos cycle, and RU Ready 2 Rock
in particular, as some sort of massive human/alien contact - perhaps Les
Invisibles fully revealed to the people of the Earth, with numerous
robots as servants - come to either take over the world by force
themselve, or to round up the chosen humans to take them away...

For those who have seen the latest trailer to the new Star Wars movie,
"The Phantom Menace" (I'll bet it's quite a few of you) -- you know the
scene of the marching droids while Darth Maul is saying "At last we will
reveal ourselves to the Jedi - at last we will have revenge.")  This
scene fits in with how I envision "R U Ready 2 Rock" fitting in with the
Imaginos story.

Think it's too late to get George Lucas to put some BOC in the
soundtrack?  ;-)

John