OFF: King's X/10 most Loved Bands

Ted Alger ted at ALGER.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Mar 23 21:58:56 EST 1999

Mr. Brooks asked:

>What can you tell me about Kings X? Who would you compare them to that I
>might know (consider my geezerhood)?

and

>Y & T.. are they still around?

that crazy Ghost pretty much covered these topics... but I'll just add
that I've heard King's X described as "Black Sabbath meets the Beatles"....
they've got that heavy guitar riff sound (dropped D tuning) with some
beautiful vocal harmonies.

and speaking of the Beatles.... the band formerly known as "Yesterday &
Today" does still poke their heads up occasionally.... Dave M. released a
solo disc last year as well as the "Endangered Species" disc. dunno what
they're doing besides that, but I believe they still play the occasional
gig around home (SF bay area) S

and darn it, enough other people have done it, so I'll inflict my
views on everyone!

favorite bands/artists
(I can't think of 10)
BÖC
King's X
Y&T
Queensrÿche
Gary Moore
Alice In Chains

(hey look they all have/had singing guitar players.....!)

other people I currently dig, but don't quite rate as
"favorite"

Veruca Salt
Fates Warning
The Tea Party
Candy Dulfer

and to put in my 2 cents worth on the other topics of recent discussion:

I like Rush (not my favorite, but hey Alex plays a pretty good guitar!)
and as for Larry's faux pas.... hang in there dude!  I'll admit to being
annoyed when I saw the huge download coming, but when I realized it wasn't
malicious and I saw the abuse you took, my attitude changed!  heck in the
first months I was on here, I got taken to task by Al B. himself, so
keep your chin up!

Ted

obCD: Jeff Beck - Who Else!