OFF: Adam Ant - Abigail Lenz - SBQ

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Mar 24 08:21:17 EST 1999

> Ok, I thought about it and here are my TOP 10 most loved bands.

> Adam and the Ants
>
> And yes, I did say Adam and the Ants. So sue me. :^)
> Torgo

Did you ever see them live and notice a cute little lady as one one of
their backup singers?  That lady was probably Abigail Lenz, now the lead
singer for Swamp Boogie Queen.  I've mentioned them here before -
they're from LA, playing mostly around the club circut there (they are
regulars at the LA House of Blues), and have recently played several
shows with Kenny Wayne Shepherd.  They also played at the big festival
in Lynchburg, VA last year (along with BOC and many other bands).
The're a blues-based rock band with a southern flair -- Abigail has a
voice somewhat reminiscent of Janis Joplin.  If you ever get a chance to
pick up their debut CD "Ill Gotten Booty" (released the same day as
"Heaven Forbid"), go for it.

John