HW: At last - some NEWS!

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Mar 25 16:01:36 EST 1999

Andreas sayz...

>I received Brian Tawn´s new Hawkwind feedback today. Here are in short the
>
>- No tour dates yet, but the outline is for a few gigs in May, some festivals
>  in the spring & summer, a gig at the Star Trek Convention on June 5th at
>  Burton Upon Trent.

That reminds me...anything come about from the idea of linking up HW with a
sci-fi convention or fan-only gig??

>  The Ledge Of Darkness project moves on and HW are getting some tracks
>  together.
>  Dave hasn´t done only a just a holiday in the States for a month but he
>  visited Lemmy and Mike Moorcock, both of whom will play a part in it if
>  everything falls into place.

Cool...I heard that Dave visited Lemmy out west with Jim L. and Shawn
Ahearn.  I hope that means Lemmy will guest with the band, although perhaps
it'll only be in the west. (?)

Are MH touring to promote the new dbl live disc?

>- HW are supposed to do the soundtrack for the next series of Babylon 5.

!!  Really?  What constitutes a 'series' for B5...a whole year?  I thought
the show was over?  But then I haven't seen it since it went on cable.
Saw this on Amazon.com:

>Customers who bought titles by Hawkwind also bought titles by this artist:
>                         Alanis Morissette

AWRIGHT!!  Who was it???  Fess up!!  (It's your fault, Swann, I bet!)

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  Actually, I recently caught part of a performance of Alanis on SNL,
and the music was pretty decent.  Dark, psychedelic sort of thing...but
anytime she opened her mouth, this 'hideous cackling cacophony' sprang
forth.  (That has to be a 'Dr. Smith-ism' eh?)  Too bad.