OFF: BRAINTICKET

Fri Mar 26 12:30:42 EST 1999

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Keith Henderson wrote:

> I believe that the last three of their albums ("Celestial Ocean",
> "Adventure", and "Voyage") were all released on Cleopatra here in the
> states.  "Celestial Ocean" is a pretty strange album, and I guess really a
> lot different than the others.  Apparently, there were some mispressed CDs
> made by Cleopatra, with the music from "Voyage" on the "Adventure" discs,
> and vice versa.  So beware of that.

        'Celestial Ocean' is apparently based on a concept of
time-travellers from Ancient Egypt. Curiously enough, now playing is 'Soul
Herder' from 'Past or Future' by Nik... And the relevant album is
on Nik's home label...

        Cleopatra has those three, anyway, and the earlier two are on CD
on a label called Bellaphon, but they deleted the first one, 'Cottonwood
Hill' some time last year. Some places still seem to have stocks but I
don't know how come. 'Psychonaut' is very cool, but guessing the band's
nationality from either the names or the accents is pretty impossible, so
I plumped for the label.

        Saw a later, eighties album by Brainticket in a shop once, but
from the band credits it appeared to be Joel Vandroogenbroeck (as spelt in
the 'Psychonaut' inlay) sitting in a studio with some Moogs and someone
else to program for him, so I decided not to chance it and bought 'New
World's Fair' instead. Not one of my better judgement days, if you'll
pardon the phrase. Yours,
                          Jon
--
 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |