OFF: Dark Sun ( was Re: OFF: Amorphis)

Tue May 11 06:56:05 EDT 1999

On tis 11 maj 1999 09.25 +0300 "Santeri Laakso" <sla at RNI.HELSINKI.FI> wrote:

> We'll play in Helsinki on the 3rd of
> July (at Tavastia club), would be nice time to visit Finland...

     I am embarrassed to say I have not yet visited Finland.
July might be difficult because I am supposed to finish my
PhD and go back to the States in June!  Well, who knows. It
will happen, eventually. I need to go to Sweden and Denmark
to see the many psychedelic/spacerock/"stoner" bands there,
also ...

     Too bad there was no audience at Jönköping!  So many
great bands there.  Add the Danish bands like On Trial,
and heavier acts like Spiritual Beggars and Misdemeanor, and
for the more "pop" side Five Fifteen, and for the more "prog"
side Norway's Tangle Edge--then there would be a real
cross-section of top-notch Scandinavian psychedelia there!
Hard to beat ...

Cheers,
Carl

ObCD: Kingston Wall, _II_

ObRant: Ah, there is much cool music up North these days. I must
     figure out a way to get a job in Scandinavia and convince
     Tania it would be fun to live there. The major flaw in this
     plan is that I only speak bad Swedish, and my Finnish is
     limited to the words "olut", "kahvi", and "kiitos" ;)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk