OFF: Northside

Marshall Wood mwood at MY-DEJANEWS.COM
Thu May 13 11:18:03 EDT 1999

On Thu, 13 May 1999 14:42:10   Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>On tor 13 maj 1999 05.35 -0700 "Marshall Wood" <mwood at MY-DEJANEWS.COM>
>wrote:
>> NP: _Nordic Roots_ - NorthSide label sampler
>     Another fine choice.  I have a good bunch of albums from
>Garmarna, Hedningarna, and Hoven Droven--and look forward to
>checking out more of them!

Yep, this is pretty cool.  Modern Scandavian folk music.  The 3 bands you mentioned are my favorites from this CD, along with the Den Fule cut - where should I start?

I'd highly recommend this sampler to anyone remotely interested in the genre - even if it was a full-priced release, which it isn't.  It has a sticker on the front that says "Cheaper than Food" - costs less than US$3, it's over 77 minutes long, and I've seen it in many stores.

MWood

NP: Renaissance: _King Biscuit Flower Hour, Part 2_

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums