HW: Hawkwind at Strange Daze 98 MPEG audio

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Nov 5 16:28:02 EST 1999

Paul Mather writes:

> On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, M Holmes wrote:
>
> => Paul Mather writes:
> =>
> => > This is a bit embarrassing.  I just noticed that someone (I don't know
> => > who, just the host) uploaded MPEG audio files of Hawkwind's Strange Daze
> => > '98 set to my anonymous FTP site sometime in late September!
> => >
> => > I think this is a transfer of an audience recording (44100 Hz stereo
> => > encoded with a 128 kbit/sec bitrate).  I took a quick skeg on Jim
> => > Lascko's site, and verified it is _Strange Daze *'97*_ he's selling, so
> => > I don't think this is an official and/or commercial release by anyone.
> =>
> => Starfire Mountain Dreaming is the only track on the official release I
> => have. The rest are from other bands who appeared.
>
> But that is from Strange Daze 97, right?

Nope. The tracks on the separate Strange Daze 97 CD are Kauai,
Brainstorm/In Your Area and Assassins/Space Is Their Palestine.

When I download a copy (though I'd prefer it as wav) I'll see if I can
compare and check.

FoFP