OFF: Bardo Pond /Shoegazing??

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Fri Nov 5 20:39:52 EST 1999

At 16:05 05/11/99 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 11/5/99 12:41:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>ceres at SIRIUS.COM writes:
>
><< I like 'em pretty well, although I should point out that I once toured for
> a week with a band that was opening for them (and had no problem seeing
> them six or seven nights in a row).  I'd say don't miss them if you're into
> My Bloody Valentine-type ultra-dense psychedelic shoegaze stuff, but you
> can probably do without if you're more into heavier/pouding
> blanga/stonerrock (hope that puts some perspective on them, at least). >>
>

>---I'm seeing this term a lot lately, refering to music: "shoegazer". What's
>the story w/that?  Chuck

It implies they are introspective/non-demonstrative, I believe the term was
originally coined in the mid to late '80s and was applied originally to the
gloomier "indie" bands of the period - my fuzzy brain seems to connect this
with the generation of bands represented on NME's "C-86" cassette...

(A very sleepy) ChrisW