OFF: Bardo Pond /Shoegazing??

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Fri Nov 5 16:05:05 EST 1999

In a message dated 11/5/99 12:41:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ceres at SIRIUS.COM writes:

<< I like 'em pretty well, although I should point out that I once toured for
 a week with a band that was opening for them (and had no problem seeing
 them six or seven nights in a row).  I'd say don't miss them if you're into
 My Bloody Valentine-type ultra-dense psychedelic shoegaze stuff, but you
 can probably do without if you're more into heavier/pouding
 blanga/stonerrock (hope that puts some perspective on them, at least). >>

---I'm seeing this term a lot lately, refering to music: "shoegazer". What's
the story w/that?  Chuck