Hawkon '84

david hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Nov 7 16:56:26 EST 1999

Er, I think that you're right. I spent the day sitting behind Trev Hughes
stall and chatting to just about everybody. Huw. Mick S, Dave Anderson, Nic
Potter and Nik T especially. A sample converation:
Me(to red-haired guy also working behind the stall): "Been into HW long?"
Red-haired guy: "Yeah"
Me: "When did you first see them?"
Red-haired guy: "Hmmm, 1969...I'm Mick Slattery"
Me: "Doh"

Ended up interviewing Nic Potter in the very cramped gents. Me, Nic and
video crew (should I own up to this?)

I see to remember that the main topics of conversation were:
1. why was the venue so cramped
2.when were the band going to put out an LP that didn't feature biscuit tins
as drums (ie the sound of Sonic Attack, Masques, and Church)
3. why was the venue so cramped
4. "buried and unburied hatchets"
5. why was the venue so cramped
6. the whereabouts of Simon King(and the rumours of his return) and why he
is/was an essential for the band
7. why was the venue so bloody cramped
8. the excellent new H L-L band LP.
9. was Dave B going to play
10.  and others far too,ahem, indelicate to mention here

Dave